Monday, March 9, 2009

the decision

Decisions.... thats what makes up life, isnt it? decision after decision after decision. most of the time they are simple, like what to eat for breakfast. Once in awhile we come accross decisions that we take days or weeks to decide on. These decisions have the possiblility to alter our lives. I am in the situation where I am faced with making one of those decisions.

Cyberschool or public school? THAT is the delema. At the moment I have been in cyber school a little bit over 6 months. I suffer from insanely cronic migranes and they nock me out for long periods of time. that is the reason my parents and I orriganally chose for me to attend Pa Leadership: my health.

The problem is that it is close to impossible to get caught back up with all my schoolwork after I miss a few days of school. Its not like I just miss one or two days here or there.... I miss 2 or 3 days a week, a couple times a week. This makes things incredably stressful on me.

I throughly enjoy cyberschool though. When I am caught up in my schoolwork I get to go ballroom dacing, to Senior High Girls Bible Study with the church youthgroup, and youthgroup. My classes are great too. my teachers are incredably friendly and there isnt a single teacher that I dont like.

The setup of school is a challege because I am forced to learn to modivate myself to work; there isnt anyone to push me other than my parents.... parent nag... not modivate. ( love ya mom and dad, but its the truth).

I believe the problem with cyberschool, for me, is that I deicided to take on too many classes when I was schedueling for my sophmore year. If I decided to attend cyberschool again for my junior year, I will most definately take fewer classes.

My father has voiced his worry that I will not just take less classes but easier ones too. I have thought of this, and have decided that easier classes would get me nowhere and the only reason to take easier classes would be if I was going to take the same amount of classes I took this year, which I most deffinately am not going to do.

The other option, public school, is one that I have also concidered. I would get to see my friends alot more, and who doesnt like seeing their friends? surely not me. I would be thrilled to see my friends daily, like I did up until this year, my sophmore year. I have the option of seeing my friends durring the summer and durring the weekends if I decided to see them though.

The school part of this decision is difficult for me... if I choose to go back to public school then I would get the personal type of learning I dont get in cyber school, and it might make learning a bit more fun for me.

The whole reason I started cyberschool, though, was my health. I truely believe that last year, I missed a few of those days of school beacuse I didnt feel good due to lack of sleep. If I did decided to go back to public school, the I would be waking up around 5:30, leaving the house around 6:30 to get the bus, and then starting school at 7:20 or so. Then I would be at school all day long, come home, work on homework until 10 or 11, and then go to bed and start the next day as a repeat of the day before. public school would leave no time for any time of extracarrucular activites. Plus I would only be getting around 6 hours of sleep a night.

The reason we started cyber school was because of my health. last year getting up for school was bad enough. I doubt Highschool will be any better; if anything... worse.

I miss my friends but I dont want to make my health get any worse.... WHAT SHOULD I DO??? email me your thoughts please. I need help.