Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Few Life Lessons

Wow. That's all I have to say, as I look back on the last year. I have learned more than I could have imagined. I have learned lessons of Love, drama, and faith. I seriously believe that this has been the biggest and most important year of my life so far. Not surprising since it was my special year.... I turned 16 on the 16th of september.... haha.

lessons of Love: Live and love as though there is no tomorrow and cherish every moment of every second. Romantic love isn't guaranteed to last forever, and that this age, it probably wont. I was in a relationship deep down I believed would last forever. In Januarary, I was proved very wrong after that special somebody broke up with me. I am still heartbroken, but now I realize how much that taught me. Near the end of the relationship I started taking that love and relationship as though it was a gift for me to keep forever. It wasn't. I have learned that everything in love AND life needs to be fully appriciated every moment of every second.

There were plenty of other love lessons I learned but the other one I will mention was taught to me by not one incident or one person, but all my friends and family, and many many incidents. Its how much I am loved by each and every friend and family memeber. How each of them reached out to me and told me they loved me and would pray for me, and my health. The way friends and family are constantly there for me. In general, everyone knows they are loved to some extent, but when hard times hit, like really really really hard times, then you see the extent of the love the people around you have for you.

Friendship love is one that has strengthened between me and my bffl Siara ALOT in the last year. I have been cyberschooled giving us alot of time to chat each day. It has also given us the opertunity to open up further to each other and help one another cope with our day to day problems and minor crisises. I have learned how much love can grow in times of hurt and sarrow. Her frienship is something I hope to never take for granted. We have something special. This is just another good reason why I want to live and love as though there is no tomorrow and cherish every moment of every second. There is nothing better than being able to look at what you have and count your blessings, and learning these lessons of love, and many others have been extrodanarily important in helping me realize that.

Lessons of Drama and Faith: Life has its ups and downs and the only way to get through them is love, friendships and being firmly rooted in prayer. (Being firmly rooted in prayer is proabably the most important one.) I have gone through some turbulent times recently with my health. I have also have seen my friends go through many ups in downs in their lives too, which greatly affected me. Somehow, God has used these expirences to draw me closer to Him. I find myself reading a few devotionals a day, praying much more than I ever have, and even reading my Bible. God has become the center of my life and I owe it all to Him putting me in all these crazy situations, so that I would draw to Him for strength.

I even was able to see a friend come to faith in Jesus Christ because of how God used me. He put me in just the right place at just the right time, and used me in the most wonderful way. This friend's life was filled with pain, suffering, and drama. Life is like that, its crazy. Somehow God proved to me through her, that He can calm the lives of even the craziest and most dramatized people. Its crazy, but He used the salvation of someone else, to draw ME even closer to Him. WOW. God is great. :) Amen.

So yeah... Its been a rough last year, there have been really great highs, and really deep discoraging lows, but through it all I have learned what feels like a lifetime of life lessons, and I couldnt be more thankful for it. I guess learning the hard way is the best way. lol. (Can't believe I just said that, haha)